Monday, February 27, 2017

My Actions

This blog is to help me keep track of what I want to protest.  I may as well use it to help me track what actions I took.

---------------------------------------------------

March 5  -  Attended an activist meeting.  I am not alone in my quest for protection of our Earth.

----------------------------------------------------
February 27, 2017

What I learned today:  The House and the Senate office buildings each have their own ZIP code!  The House is 20515.  The Senate is 20510.

2/28/17 Mailing Great Horned Owl postcard to Rep. Lamborn.

The Honorable Doug Lamborn
U.S. House of Representatives
Washington DC 20515

Dear Mr. Lamborn,

Please protect your constituents by protecting the EPA.  We are all dependent on our environment.  Allowing a few industries to profit while damaging our land and poisoning our air and water is corporate welfare.
Please oppose HR 958, 637, and 861.
Protect your people.
Strengthen the EPA.
Thank you.

signed and stickered with a return address label.

------------------------------------------------------------
2/27/17 - Called Lamborn's office to Oppose HR 637.  Let the EPA regulate greenhouse gasses.  Even if climate change isn't a real problem, greenhouse gasses aren't any good to breathe anyway.
Actually, I babbled something a lot less coherent than that.  But I did clearly state, Oppose HR 637.

-----------------------------------------------------
2/14/17  -  Called Lamborn to oppose HR 958.  "Protect your people by keeping the EPA strong."

2/14/17  -  Called Sen. Gardner to oppose Scott Pruitt for EPA chief.  Please delay the confirmation until the investigations can be completed.  He may not be the right man for the job.
--------------------------------------------------------

2/7/17  -  Voice Mail for Sen. Gardner:  Please oppose Betsy DeVos for Sec. of Ed.

2/7/17  -  Called Lamborn to oppose HJ Res. 38 and 46.

--------------------------------------------------------
I also made donations to Sierra Club, Greenpeace (Resist!) and PBS (a politically motivated way to access this season of  Poldark.)  I'd already donated to ACLU and the Red Owl Water Protector Legal Collective last fall to oppose DAPL.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea if any of my actions will make even the slightest difference.  But I have reached the point where I have to try.

US Capitol Switchboard:  202-224-3121

No comments:

Post a Comment